Saturday, July 26, 2008

Christian Dunn

Christian Dunn, Baltimore Realtor
Here's another delusional realtor, unwilling to accept the stark reality that the REIC over the past few years was a farce; it was built on loose lending practices and fraud by all parties involved. He gets the induction nod for his shameless comment against a Baltimore Sun reporter who was simply reporting facts.
Dunn Bio

Did 2008 "prove to be the year of the wise homebuyer" in Baltimore, yet?

2008-07-25: The Real Estate Wonk

Comment at Baltimore Sun Blog:
Please report on the local housing market. Baltimore is not South Florida... Baltimore has a bright future.... and YES, I am tired of your grim news.

Jamie, your reporting is lack luster and poor. It rarely if ever shows the true picture of Baltimore Real Eatate and the economy. I dare you to go to South Florida or the big Bubble states and try to compare those econmies to ours. You would be a fool to even try. Baltimore does not reley on $6 an hour jobs, or retirees - O'M has made sure of that... 20 somethings get out of college and can expect $40+k a year jobs, that does not happen in Florida or Arizona.
YES, we are tired of the you and L.M. repoting bad news. It often seems like you had a bad experience and report it as such. Baltimore is not a bad place, I don't care if you grew up in the 'burbs and have negative predisposition towards this city and if you are a "know it all." This town is going to make it with or without you.

Sorry to be a b**ch. But you and the unfriendly folk need to go back to the 'burbs. If you can't appreciate history, progression, environmental sound ways to lives, strong communities, than piss off. Yes, we are tired of it! It is a bore.

On the other hand you could stand strong and report on the good news... 1st of all we have more newly weds and parents in the city who pay high taxes and would like to stay but can't because of all the BS the Sun reports!

----
How many men say, "Sorry to be a bitch?" WTF!

Here is a comment from Chrissy's Blog:
In Baltimore 2008 will prove to be the year of the wise homebuyer, by 2009 we will begin to see a streak of prosperity that has not been seen in the city for decades.

Chrissy on The Media:
The media is full of S**t! From my experience these so called experts know very little and make broad generalizations. The local reporters clearly don't live in the city and use statistics that only takes me seconds (literally) to find. The Sun is the worst at relaying any information of value. When I speak with other Realtors we don't B.S. each other. Here is what we all agree on:
1. It is a good time to buy
2. The media will not tell you to buy until it is too late
3. We all have postive feelings on the Baltimore economy and development

None of us understand why buyers aren't buying. In truth it is dumbfounding us all.


This guy is still deeply drinking the Kool-Aid. Gee, realtors that have "positive feelings" on the economy. Good enough for me--I'll take the $700,000 condo, 0% down with the Option ARM. And what about, "it is dumbfounding us all". What is difficult to understand? Easy money is gone. They're no longer giving $700,000 loans to Strawberry pickers.

9 comments:

Adam said...

Looks like this guy is at it again!

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/business/realestate/blog/2008/07/q_what_new_homes_are_selling.html

Also check out his blog:

http://cdunn.livejournal.com/

BaltimoreScum said...

In the interest of fairness, here is Mr. Dunn's response:

Housing Bubble Hall of Shame


Apparently I made it on this list.

Recently my positive comments and my distaste for the negativity regarding Baltimore City Real Estate has created quite a stir. I find this a little amusing since I am a single Realtor who specializes in a very small area in Baltimore City. I regularly disclose that my comments are from my experience in this area.

I understand how this happens. The Internet is place anonymity, and people frequently say things that they would never say to the person directly. After a recent outbreak of hostility towards me, I have sworn off message boards, as they are filled with negativity. But it does amaze me how people will take such great offense, to such small things.

The person who is slandering me on their blog spent a great deal of time going back through a message board and my blog to paint the most unflattering picture of me. I too at times have been a "message board warrior," and my feelings regarding the Sun's view of CITY real estate is no secret and it has angered me in the past. I see positive things happening everyday in the City. But I wonder what makes someone spend a great deal of time just to slander. I believe, I even invited this person out for a beer or to dinner on me to talk it over, just so they could understand my position, yet their response is negative.

I have never slandered another person publicly. Yet, I do believe the media has a responsibility. If you are going to be the voice, the informer, the person who bridges the gap so people can make truly informed decisions, you should be called out.

I still believe that 2008 is a good time to buy. I have sold some excellent foreclosures this year, a "green" home and other very nice properties. Perhaps 2009 will be better. As the old real estate adage says, "there is never a bad time to buy a house, just a bad time to sell if you are forced to."

Oh well, I do wish this person the best, and if they'd like to take me up on a drink or dinner, I will still be happy to pay. I do thank them for getting me off of those message boards... Be grateful and happy.

"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it is all small stuff."

Christian Dunn said...

I wish you the best.

Thank you!

Christian Dunn
410 274 7331

The Ace said...

Here is a worthy candidate!

'Extreme Makeover' house faces foreclosure Mon Jul 28, 2:31 PM ET

More than 1,800 people showed up to help ABC's "Extreme Makeover" team demolish a family's decrepit home and replace it with a sparkling, four-bedroom mini-mansion in 2005.

Three years later, the reality TV show's most ambitious project at the time has become the latest victim of the foreclosure crisis.

After the Harper family used the two-story home as collateral for a $450,000 loan, it's set to go to auction on the steps of the Clayton County Courthouse Aug. 5. The couple did not return phone calls Monday, but told WSB-TV they received the loan for a construction business that failed.

The house was built in January 2005, after Atlanta-based Beazer Homes USA and ABC's "Extreme Makeover" demolished their old home and its faulty septic system. Within six days, construction crews and hoards of volunteers had completed work on the largest home that the television program had yet built.

The finished product was a four-bedroom house with decorative rock walls and a three-car garage that towered over ranch and split-level homes in their Clayton County neighborhood. The home's door opened into a lobby that featured four fireplaces, a solarium, a music room and a plush new office.

Materials and labor were donated for the home, which would have cost about $450,000 to build. Beazer Homes' employees and company partners also raised $250,000 in contributions for the family, including scholarships for the couple's three children and a home maintenance fund.

ABC said in a statement that it advises each family to consult a financial planner after they get their new home. "Ultimately, financial matters are personal, and we work to respect the privacy of the families," the network said.

Some of the volunteers who helped build the home were less than thrilled about the family's financial decisions.

"It's aggravating. It just makes you mad. You do that much work, and they just squander it," Lake City Mayor Willie Oswalt, who helped vault a massive beam into place in the Harper's living room, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

___

Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com

tom12008 said...

His city is different and all real estate is local, right?

Christian Dunn said...

I will say the comments you published were old. While i agree things have taken a thing towards the worst since then. I am just a single voice looking out for B'more.

I do believe a "greener" and community way to live while less divisive begins in the renewed interest in City and mass transit oriented communities. in fact, I work hard for this by marketing, e-mailing my local government and being active in my community. If that is my shame so be it. it took some work to find my the worst of me. However, I appreciate that. You hatred has caused a much-needed reflection. Hopefully, I can do better.

While I think your negative opinions are spot on, I feel we should be past that and be more creative: dwelling on what has past doesn't seem constructive. These opinions have been voiced prior to yours and now there are many. I don't think, in 2008, that there aren't people who know. As a Realtor working in such a small area I get it. The majority of listing appointments I have had this year are nothing but bad news. While you might confuse me with the general Realtor or because I voice my opinion have become your whipping boy.

Perhaps you are smarter than me, a better guide to the 10 blocks I service. Maybe your calculations are correct.

All I know is where I live kicks butt. Yes, there have been fewer sales but they cost more, I can walk to the harbor, movies, nationally acclaimed eateries and more. I run around a beautiful Harbor and truly enjoy my life, and have a neighbors and community who are all the best people I know.

I will ask this again, do you live in the city? Does anyone who frequents this blog live here either? I have always gotten a no response on that question, yet hateful returns.

BTW: Who are you Tyrone, Anon, what? I can be found any where. But you bash others, without a name, location, nothing.

Stand up. Again If you would like to have a beer/dinner I will buy. We also have fresh juice and tea.

I am happy to say I suck, at least 4 times a day I do, but pull myself out.

Don't get me wrong, as Realtor I understand times are tough.

Maybe you don't like Baltimore (I get that a lot), I struggle with that too. But then I go for a run and see people. This is a great town!

Tyrone said...

Hatred? Fairly strong word.

You need to understand the genesis of this blog... DISGUST. Disgust with all the players involved in this countrywide, if not worldwide, Ponzi Scheme. And I simply didn't want to forget some of the key players. Are you key? In a sense, yes, you are, but you're just another realtor.

As a historical slice into the thoughts and actions of those involved in this housing bubble, I think my blog succeeds.

Do I disagree with you? YES
Do I think you're delusional? YES
Do I have hatred for you? NO

However, I do hate the fact that my dollar$ and savings may be on a path to becoming worthless. I hope it doesn't get that bad, though.

Who am I, you ask?
I'm the millionaire next door.
But I'm not 'Anon' from the from the other posts at Baltimore Sun.

wez said...

I do believe that this:
"2. The media will not tell you to buy until it is too late"
is probably true. I expect the media to repeatedly call false bottoms until the real one arrives, at which point they will be screaming "run for your lives!" having finally picked up the meme of doom for real just at the wrong moment.

Christian Dunn said...

While I think you might be cool... I am not sure.

While my stance is clear. I think living in livable neieghborhoods, creating communities that are less divisve and more environmentally friendly are a good thing, you just tend to antagonize us for caring.

Good for you.

Again, where do you live?